BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 11, 2009

10 July 2009


Dear Sweet Girl,

Tonight was the first time that Mommy and Daddy left you with a babysitter so that we could go out on a date! We have been married for five years today! Believe it or not I left you without crying. I really didn't know if I would be able to. I have been with you constantly (except for a couple times I left you with Daddy so I could run to the store real quick), so it was a bit of a separation anxiety moment for me, and I think for you too. You were fine when I dropped you off. You stayed with Miss Dee and Mr Daniel so I knew that you were in good hands. When I left you were smiling, but then when we were finishing up dinner we got a call that you would not take your bottle! You cried for a good hour. It made me sad to think of you so distraught! We were going to come home early but then a little later we got a call that you still wouldn't take your bottle but you had settled down and seemed to be doing alright. So we bought our movie tickets and settled in for the movie, my cell phone on my lap so I could get a text if you needed me. As the movie was starting we got a text that you were finally taking your bottle. It then dawned on me that no one else, in your whole little 3 month life had ever fed you. Up to this point I was the only one that had ever given you a bottle, not even Daddy! So I think that you were a little confused when I wasn't on the other end of the bottle. When we got back from our date I practically ran up the stairs because I just couldn't wait to scoop you up and snuggle you! It had only been 5 hours but I missed you so much!!



You are discovering your hands more every day! Yesterday I put your rattle in your hands and you instantly brought it up to your mouth. This is the first time I have seen you put something to your mouth so purposefully.








You are LOVING your colorful rings right now! When I move them over your face you are content watching them forever! You've even fallen asleep a few times watching them. I just love watching you discover things and become more alert! I love you, sweet girl! Love, Mommy

0 comments: